Friday, January 2, 2015

Happy New Year!!

It is pretty shocking that the New Year is already upon us. It went a little too fast this year...not sure if I am ready for the fun to be over:(
 

It is time to say our goodbyes to our Christmas tree...I am not sure who has more trouble with that...my kiddos or me?

I will keep this simple arrangement on the dining table for a little while longer.  After all, it finally feels like winter in Southern California...yay!! It is consists of some faux snow covered branches mixed with some natural greens, a couple of pine cones and I wrapped the vase in some green twine...and voila.



For New Year's Eve, we had a fun dinner with my parents. I just added some candles, a runner, and  woven place mats to our dining room table.



It got a little wild....ha ha. (My things have changed since having kiddos!!)

 
 
 
Like I mentioned, I am not sure if I am ready for this fun to end.  I did have a mini (internal)breakdown a couple of days after Christmas because of all of the stuff...not so much the Christmas décor but mostly the gifts in the family room (where to put the new gifts!!), wrapping paper, trash, etc.  But, come on, it's Christmas, I need to let that go!!!

 
I was craving this...a tidy house...but now I am not so sure
 
 
 
 I think we are all pretty exhausted from the activities...and lots of catching up on sleep is in order.

 
I received a very special gift this year. I rode horses pretty competitively as a child but stopped when I was 18.  After longing to ride again after an 18 year hiatus, I started again last summer.  After looking at some horses and getting my heart broken because they did not pass the vet check or getting bucked off because they were spooky...we have finally found the one...Mr. Styles and let me tell you he is such a gentleman even though he drinks from a hose at times:)

 
 
 
And, Santa did not get the memo that somebody needed his 2 front teeth for Christmas.  Oh well, he looks pretty darn cute with 2 missing teeth:)

 
 
 Hope you had a wonderful Holiday season!! And, while I am so sad to say goodbye to this magical time, I always eagerly await the next chapter/season in our lives.

xo,
Paige
 

 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment