Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Merry Christmas!!

We will probably never have the prettiest tree. I struggle with that sometimes. Sometimes, I would love to have a really pretty tree. But Christmas is obviously about Jesus and giving back and everything bigger than us...it is also represents magical things especially in eyes of a child and our children.

And, so I put up a few pretty and very natural decorations.  I definitely do not like too much "stuff."  I have never really had a theme when it comes to our tree. Our decorations have been a collection over the years.  Our kids on the other hand definitely have a say when it comes to decorating the tree. And to be honest, a part of me wanted to cringe when they chose some of the decorations from the box.  I would say "oh, no, not that one..it does not really go."  But, my goodness, a lot of this fun and excitement is for them and to see it through their eyes...so I let them have at it:) And, after all, either I picked the ornaments (or tacky Christmas tree decoration) out at one time or another or I allowed my kiddos to choose them.

The happiness and accomplishment it brings them definitely outweighs the "non-perfect" aspect of it.  I also cringed when the majority of the ornaments were on the lower part of the tree and clumped together..ha ha. I moved them around as best as I could so that it was not super noticeable to my kiddos and to our guests!! They do notice everything...especially if one of the ornaments is missing!

It is about making memories...memories that they will carry on probably forever.

My husband jokes me because he says I like old-school Christmas tree decorations. And , I do, and this stems from my incredible childhood memories. The excitement of pulling out those Christmas boxes each year and rediscovering each and every ornament and the memory associated with them is indescribable. And as much as I would love a beautiful and perfect tree...this time is about so much more than that. It is about the celebration, tradition and memories. If I want my perfect tree, I can certainly go purchase another one. In the mean time, I would rather see it in the eyes of my sweet children.

Here are some of our Christmas decorations and how we are making memories...


  


 


We went a little Griswold with all of the exterior lights but they are so magical



Of course, we had visits from the Elf on the shelf

Ice skating with friends


Lots of family time

And watching Christmas movies with hot chocolate

 
 
And lots of good cheer 
 
Loved hanging our Christmas cards like this 
 

And decorating the tree was pretty special for the kiddos

 
Wishing you a magical, happy and safe Christmas from our family to yours!! xoxo
 




No comments:

Post a Comment