Saturday, January 24, 2015

The next season...


 So, after a couple of days of being pretty sad about the Holidays being over...I decided it was time to move on and I went shopping. That always makes me feel better...ha ha. My hubbie is a bit concerned but I assured him a lot of gals think like this (right...I hope?)! We (well I) bought a couple of special pieces for the house. I have been really good for a while about NOT buying stuff but I decided it was time to take this house to the next level. It has certainly been quite an evolution over the last year. 

So what happens when you miss your Christmas tree. You jump on the ficus/ fig tree bandwagon and fill in the empty space. This space felt quite empty when we removed our tree so it was perfect timing to go get a 5 foot tall house plant. 


I had been in love with this antique woven basket for some time and finally bit the bullet. I am using it to hold firewood at this point but it will be great for magazines, many things really. I just love to look at it:)




And over the last few months...we bought some neat antique benches and some new rugs. And hung these modern fine art pieces that I had framed a while back. I am always drawn to antique, found pieces and like to mix them with something a little more modern. This space is looking from our dining room into the office and through the foyer. I love walking into our house and seeing some of the things that I adore the most.


 
This bull art was in our bar but I think this spot will suit him perfectly:)
 
 
 
And the piece de resistance..that I have been resisting and my
Hubbie really wanted me to resist. I have been in love with this guy for some time but my hubbie and I really struggled with is taxidermy ok...the ethics of it? We love animals so much and we would never go out and harm them. But, I do eat meat and I wear leather. So, where do you draw the line? This guy was for sale for only a couple of hundred dollars and I could not resist him or the price. And, bottom line is I love him and I did not harm him so here he is...
 

I also changed out some of our flowers (a couple of times) and table pieces from a winter wonderland to something a little more spring like (even though it is obviously not spring). There should really be a season between winter and spring. I always love a simple and natural statement.


 I am super happy with how this gallery wall turned out in the office. I cannot take credit for hanging them.  I did do a gallery wall  in our last house and it turned out ok but I just did not trust myself on this one so I left it to a picture hanging professional. Gallery walls make such statements, yes? And, yes I still have this one little lone tree up.  I really need to put it away.


And my son and I worked on this little painting project. This is so fun to do together with children...and it helped that this piece could not be "messed up". And painting can be very soothing (if you are in the right mood). Here is a before and after. The green was not the right color for our house and this dark gray works so much better. It's not perfect...there is still some green showing and imperfections but that is just fine.





And we are working on a garden. Here is a peek of our little helpers tending to their vegetables. It is going to be super cute with a white picket fence and a little table..can't wait!! I will post more on this soon.


This space was quite an eye sore before.  The previous owners used this area for a dog kennel:(


And having some beach days definitely make you forget that the Holidays are over.

 


 
Xo,
Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment