Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Window Coverings and Drapes

I do admire photos of rooms that do not have window coverings.  I think they can look cool, clean and simple. I also think that window coverings are a lot like jewelry...they complete a look.  With that being said, not every outfit needs jewelry but a heck of a lot of them do. Most of the rooms in our house do need window coverings and, I believe, will take the design to the next level (and are also needed for obvious reasons such as privacy and sun protection). We are also moving slowly because that was a little something I did not budget enough for.  And, whoa, you can pretty much buy a new car by the time you put blinds and draperies throughout an entire house!!

I have been waiting (and waiting) for our dining room drapes for months.  The fabric was on back order, the rod was custom, blah, blah but they were so worth the wait!!  I think this room need a little jewelry.  Like a big ole beautiful necklace to complete the look. Here is our dining room now.



I have to show you a way before...as in before we got our hands on it for kicks.  Yes, this had drapes but not the kind I was thinking of!!


This is what it looked like until yesterday with no drapes



Another room in our house that needed a little something on the windows was the kitchen. Now, this room did not technically need window coverings.  It does get some sun so they are useful for that.  Here is a progress photo...


And, here is a now.  With woven shades from Home Depot.  I think this is like a cool brown bracelet with an all black outfit.



One room in our house that we will not do window coverings in is in the family room.  It has a pocket door and a sliding door.  I think the doors and the wood give it enough substance and the overhang prevents this room from getting too hot or bright.



I would love to hear your thoughts on window treatments...yay or nay??

xo, Paige






6 comments:

  1. Window treatments are totally a “yay” for me! You’re right about the jewel comparison. But more than being decorative, they also serve a practical function when it comes to energy efficiency. You may not be aware of it, but by lessening the amount of sunrays getting into your house, you also lessen room’s temperature, which means reducing the use of your AC during the summer.

    Bob Ward @ Allure Window Treatments

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice and colorful blog….. I'm planning to decorate a guest bedroom in Mardi-grass colors theme. The walls are soft medium yellow, the bedspread is quilted plum. The furniture is from the 1980's. Big headboard, dark wood. I am stumped what Denver window coverings should I use to cover the two single windows-one faces North & the other west. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those drapes are so elegant! They really fit those beautiful big windows. It seems that you really have good taste when it comes to decorating your home. I think drapes are way better than any other type of curtain, since you can close it fully or open it widely, whenever you like it. Thanks for sharing that, Paige! All the best to you!

    Daryll Smith @ Franklin Window and Door

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get modern drapes in style & colors to boost your room. The drapes look great!!

    ReplyDelete