Monday, July 7, 2014

The guest bath

The guest bath...We were not supposed to redo this bathroom completely.  We were going to replace the cracked tile on the shower floor and do some other quick cosmetic changes and call it a day.  But, that did not happen.  After all, this is the bathroom that our guests will use, as well as friends hanging out by the pool.  It had to be special.  That is my excuse for everything:)

Before...
 
 
 
We already had the sink console.  It is a wood base and a concrete top.  I was selling these sinks to a local store and I had this one left over.  And, it was sitting in my parents garage so I had to get it out of there:)



I had already picked out the stone for the shower pan (as this was going to work with the existing beige tile).  And, I liked it enough to keep it for the new "look".



For the shower wall, we used a stucco.  This idea came from Brooke Gianetti's shower of her vacation house.  I thought it was such a cool and simple look but very natural and rustic at the same time.  I believe she used a pool plaster. See below.

 
We used a waterproof stucco in a gray color. This pic was taken at night so it is quite dark.
 
 
I love this large driftwood mirror.  It was on sale for 50% off at a local retail store so that was a score!! The floor is slate.


And...ta dah...our guest bath.  I still need to style and accessorize ( a basket, some flowers, and something for the wall) it but here it is...almost ready for guests!

 
 
 
 




Thanks for checking it out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment