Monday, September 29, 2014

Scenes from the house!

I can't believe we are into fall and quickly approaching October and the seasons (well as much of a season as possible in Southern California). My east coast self really misses those seasons!! Such an exciting time of the year!!  Things are quieting down around the home front (in terms of house projects anyways) and we are trying to button some things up around here and get this place done!!  This is where we stand.

The kitchen. I'd say our kitchen is complete.  A month or so ago, I found this adorable vintage foxhunting canvas.  The kitchen feels like a modern horse club lounge. And the blues and greens in this painting really fit in to our vibe.



The office. I think I am about to bite the bullet and order drapes for the office.  It really needs something.  Some black linen drapes will give this room exactly what it needs.



The dining room.  We took down one of the sconces that you can see in this photo. (that was installed off-centered..yes I said off-centered!!)  And, it looked kind of like a phallic symbol anyways.


 
I am framing these amazing prints which will go on that wall...prints are by Monica Hoover.  A little modern fine art will be amazing. Also, I am in the process of ordering woven blinds for this room. And, then I can check this room off my list!

 
 
 
  Hayden's room. My daughter's room is pretty complete too except for some serious organizing.  Too many toys. How did we accumulate so many things? Does she really need 3 baby strollers and a grocery cart.  Of course not...but some were gifts and others were passed down, blah, blah, blah.


And, our house is turning into this.

 
 Yep, dart boards are now taking the place of art work.  Help!!  I know this phase will not last long and it is just hanging on a nail that was already there but still..agh!!  I want my kids to have fun and enjoy being kids. I do not want our house to be perfect all the time. But, goodness, I sure love it when it looks "perfect" from time to "time".


Above is our typical Saturday morning.  Cat and dog playing.  Pillows all over the place. Football and skateboards strewn around the room. Blankets covering the sofas because are animals think they are people and we let them think that.  Leftover balloons from last weeks birthday party. Messy but this is life.  And, we are enjoying it.  And, I know at any time it can be tidied up but we have to live.  I know my husband talks about his childhood and his  mother was always cleaning and they could not just be boys (and there were 4 of them!!).  I think there needs to be boundaries, for sure, but I want my kids to be kids and enjoy themselves.  As long as they understand, when it is time to clean up..it is time to clean up.  As much as a messy house drives me crazy...I do it for them and me..really..it is just too difficult to be "perfect".

And, here it is a little tidier.  It feels so good.


 
But, then again, this is what I am dealing with and I would not change it for anything:)
 
 
 
 


How do you feel about messes? How do you deal with all the "stuff"?

xo, Paige



No comments:

Post a Comment