Sunday, March 1, 2015

Professional photos...part 2

So, here is the second round of photos... some before(s), of course, and Meredith Park's pretty after photos.
 
 As I have mentioned before, the guest room is my favorite room in the house.  The high beamed ceilings, the white walls and the hardwood floors make it pretty lovely to photograph. 
 
The guest room...we painted creamy white by Sherwin Williams, added hardwood floors, changed out the lighting and used primarily leftover furniture. And here is the room now...
 



And this is what the guest room looked like before we got our hands on it....


And the guest bath now...we added slate tile, a wood base console with a concrete countertop.  My brother in law made the base and our painter gave the wood an antique look. The driftwood mirror really completes this space as this room feels like it could be indoors or outdoors.

 
And a before...
 
 
And below is my son's room...we used wool carpet in here for the softness and layered it with a cowhide rug. The bunk bed is from Restoration Hardware, the drawers are from Anthropologie, the chest is antique, the fabric for the window shades is from Ballard Designs and I had them custom made locally. And, as you will see the animals love this room.  Especially, our cat, Leo, who can escape from our pup to the top bunk:)
 


 
 And this is what my son's room looked like before...
 

And, my son's bath room is probably one of the biggest transformations in the house.  Let's just say it is not pink anymore and there is no longer dirty carpet...yuck!!
 
 

 
And, a before...
 


It's funny how when we were knee deep in the remodel...it did not seem like we were doing that much.  It was just so fun making the home look better and reach its potential. When I look back at the before pictures it reminds how far we have come.

I remember seeing the look on my parents face when we brought them by mid-remodel.  They tried to hide their shock:)  I believe their thoughts were not necessarily that this is the most horrible home (well maybe they thought that) but how are they going to transform this into a comfortable and warm home for their grandchildren.  Well, I thing we have succeeded at that and in their defense, things have to look worse before they look better!  Here is a photo mid-construction...not super welcoming!


Hope you enjoyed this second round.  I will be back soon for more.

xo,
Paige
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment